St. Xavier’s College
St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai joined on 8 th August, 1997 as an Assistant
Professor, in the Department of History.
In November, 2017 took Charge as the Head of the Department. As part
of Co curricular and extracurricular activities organized various events,
field trips, educational surveys, exhibitions, documentary making
workshops, organised guest lectures competitions, museum visits, etc.
The unconventional methods of teaching history have been regularly
Joined Ramnarian Ruia College of Arts and science, Matunga , Mumbai
on leave vacancy in June 1997 and later on full time Ad-hoc basis as
Assistant Professor in the Department of History, August, 1996 till 7 th
August, 1997. The work profile involved teaching and mentoring the
students in the subjects of History and Foundation course and the medium
of instruction was English and Marathi. The active participation in the
department and in the institution was in the following areas:
- Assistant Coordinator of Rajtarangini, the Department of History Cultural
Group. Under its aegis organized various activities like Quiz
competitions, Debates and elocution competition and directed plays on
the historical themes.
- Organized the Career Guidance workshop for the Under Graduate
- Invited Shri. Avinash. Dharmadhikari (I.A.S) to deliver talk and conduct
discussion on the Career options in the Civil Services.
- Assisted in coordinating the educational tour to Pune covering the
theme of forts of Western India.
- Wrote and Directed plays on the themes of History and Social values.
- Assisted in organizing the exhibition and also talks on the Career
options in the defence services for the students.
K.G.Joshi & Bedekar College
The academic career began with K.G.Joshi & Bedekar College of Arts
and Commerce, Thane in July, 1995 in the Department of History as an
Assistant Professor on full time post with Ad-hoc appointment, till April,
1996. During the tenure, actively participated in mentoring the students
and conducted teaching assignments for the under graduate students of
History and Foundation course. The active involvement in various
committees in his first year bears the testimony that the College
authorities appreciated the sincerity and dedication during the service.
Appointed on the following committees:
- Assistant Coordinator of the N.S.S (National Social Service Scheme). As
part of the coordinatorship organized ten days Social Service Camp in a
tribal hamlet at Shahapur, Thane District Maharashtra.
- Coordinator and Quiz master for the Intra and Inter collegiate Quiz
- Committee Member of the College Time table committee.
- Member of the Coordination committee for the celebration of